Monday, June 15, 2020

The Art of Choosing the Right Event

Just when I felt down after another unsatisfying result at the Higland Championship there arrived an envoy with a message to participate at the Anniversary Running Tourism to the Picnic in Prague Botanical Garden. I am not sure if you know the feeling when everybody around is flooding their social media with podium photos but I know it right. So the event I was invited to is really the best one to boost up my mental power.

There is always less than ten runners and three prizes in the final raffle. All you have to do is just to finish the track in at least leisure pace. This year the number of participants was heavily reduced by still ongoing coronacrisis and also by bad weather. Hopefully bad for tourists but excellent for runners. Only problem was to take care about the slippery pavements. The start took place at the Museum of Thimble with only one male and one female contestants.


And after ten kilometers of honest work all around the river of Vltava I reached the finish. All the crowds behind the barriers were cheering as I crossed the finishline despite being the last but one.


Just after the finish I was interrogated by a member of municipal police about my new Hooker One One running shoes. My explanation seemed to be valid so I was freed and could go to the prizegiving ceremony.


I was awarded a nice camping mat. I think I could pass it to some fellow squire but also I obtained a nice diploma.


But the best benefit was a free admission into the Botanical Garden and even in that rainy day I could take a relaxing walk through the different expositions. The highlight in my eyes was the Mediterranean nature. You won't believe you can find such a scenery right in the hearth of Europe.


No comments: