Sunday, June 28, 2020

1.000 of Trail Points

If you read my last post carefully you might think I collect only beers. But last two weeks were also in the name of collecting TT points. So here is the short summary of my performance. 

Note: Following article should contain some personal statements.

TT #02 Necky Forest / Tuesday 16th of June

It all started on last Tuesday in my team's homeforest. My team's not mine so still I had to use map for this easy trail. What a shame!...


...but maybe I redeemed myself a bit by wearing my new jersey for the first time?....


...or by running in those dirty Praga long compression socks?...


...or by filling my training meter for the first time?


SABZO - Run through the Star / Thursday 18th of June

I don't want to say that virtual races are something bad but sometimes you need something more challenging like some real cross country running race. So I followed the advice of our coach and attended the 43th edition of Run through the Star. This was my first race after more than four years. Last time I attended 39th edition of this race with finishing time 31:37. So at least I made some improvement since then. Alas even I ran not that bad I nearly was awarded the infamous Log of Praga. Hopefully the Younger Ground-Squirell saved me by registering himself for different team.


TT #30 Goat Spines / Friday 26th of June

As usual it all started badly after I nearly didn't reach the start of the trail. I used to go by train to Solutions before the COVID outbreak for long runs after work but this was my first time after the lockdown. I was in time for my train but as the bridge of the guy whose name can't be written (it contains the forbidden N* word) I was waiting at the station not at the stop. So I had to wait another twenty minutes for the arrival of Arriva trainweck....
As you can see from my results I could better take the underground and go home.


TT #15 Screamnothingville / Sunday 28th of June

This stage was complete disaster right from the start until the bitter end. My legs hurt and so was down my mental power. I always thought the forests there are quite plain but today I definetly learnt why they made so many curves on the railway track. However I finished the race and no matter my time I finally leap over 1.000 points in the Trail Tour '20 competition.
This afwul performance made me realize that I need some quality regeneration. So I decided to try some swimming. And why aiming at some little goals when I can always try harder so I swam across the well-known Macha Lake. Three times as you can see from my GPS record below!


No comments: